Short Note

- I COME. I FEEL. I BLOG. -

The Fellowship of the Bearers of Cold Water


An old man named Calvin had lived a good life as a farmer for years. One day an evangelist came to the community, and, in the course of his stay, visited Calvin and asked him what denomination he was. Calvin answered the question like this:

"When my grain gets ready for selling, after I've harvested it and packaged it, I can take it to town by any one of three roads, the river road, the dirt road, or the highway."

"But, when I get my grain to town and go to the buyer to sell him what I have, he never looks at me." 

But the buyer asks,

"Calvin, which road did you take to get your grain to town?" 

"What he does do is ask me if my grain is any good."

Friend, is your grain good  - the grain of your discipleship? That's all that really matters. When we get to Heaven we will probably find some (Roman Catholics) and some (Baptists) and some (Presbyterians). And they'll be just as surprised to see us as we will to see them. But we will all belong to just one fellowship. Let's call it the Fellowship of the Bearers of Cold Water. We will all be people who have lived out our discipleship through acts of kindness to others.


(Contributed by: King Duncan, Collected Sermons, www.Sermons.com)

GO UP

No comments: