Short Note

- I COME. I FEEL. I BLOG. -

Spanish Gastronomic Gala

Location: Grand Margarita Hotel (Buffet dining area)
Time: Night (dinner)
Price: RM75
Theme: Spanish buffet cooked by an invited chef from Spain who only come for about a week
Verdict: Try lowering your expections before you come

Proud Cats (maybe not related to this topic but I just post for fun.haha)

The manager in charge hiding his face while eating oysters and salads

A swimming pool in the middle of the building with beach view behind it

Same swimming pool...just to show the lighting effects using the camera

First round: Spaghetti, French fries, BBQ beef meat, tomato flavoured fish and grilled beef (something like kebab)

Looks oily but its not actually. The fish is very fresh and the fragrant smell of the spices is..woooh..

I took again the tomato fish and another one is also a spanish cuisine which i don't know the name. I just know how to enjoy the food...haha..Then on the upper right of the plate is the meat balls and some vegetables and also potatoes

This 2 unique food...let me introduce the challenger on the left...the sotong gurita (made up the name) with concentrated salads and mayonnaise. Not to forget, the tempting challenger on the left, also the notorious and well known food in Sarawak, the fresh prawn in assam (also not the actual name) and a piece of vege leaf
3 giant fresh oysters awaiting to be sterilized and be consumed by the lucky person.

Actually I did not ate any of these oysters. Only my friends did. I've had bad experience with its extremely strong disastrous fresh taste. The first time I ate an oyster is a few years back, a buffet at Park Royal Hotel in KL. I did not know the proper way of eating it back then. I slurped it into my mouth and I did the biggest mistake which is chewing it numerous times like I chewed an over cooked beef. Then....surprise!! The most "fear factor" taste-alike fragrant will be experienced enough to be remembered for your whole life.

One of my friend who drove us to this location is eating oyster for the first time. And....he experienced it too! He almost puked out and since that moment, whenever the oysters are near him, and he smelled its "delicious" aroma, his stomach will boiled up together with the contraction of his diaphragms and esophagus causing him in agonizing puking behaviour.

I heard the correct method to eat an oyster is squeeze lemon juice on it and slurped it into your mouth and then ONLY chew it 1-3 times and then swallow it. Its quite slippery so its easy to swallow.

Sushi in Spanish theme buffet. Even Sushi King is better than this one...

After the meal...

This is not a COCKTAIL!! Its some sort of rice or grain with milk...like what Malaysian called pulut. This is a kind of pulut drink with ginger. Whoever doesn't like ginger, don't ever try this!

Opss! Ate one bit of the jelly. Haha. At first we thought that this is a kind of juice to drink, but to our surprise, it is a fruit jelly with kiwi flavour

Some desserts. The desserts are the best, besides the fishes cuisine, among all the foods in the Spanish buffet

GO UP

No comments: