Short Note

- I COME. I FEEL. I BLOG. -

Famous Kueh Chap in Kuching

Unbeknownst to many....Even to some of the locals. Its location was so sacred that many were lost during their hunt. Many gives up after giving their best. But, that does not deter our spirit to hunt for it! We were forced to use our secret 'weapon' - the GPS! Hunting for it in the middle of the night. With only a quarter tank full of oil in our SLK (small little kancil).Went from town to villages, through the shores and across the forest...

Behold, I hereby present, the famous kueh chap in Kuching!

This place was legendary. Located at the corner of a long stretch of terrace houses. With lots of cars parked along side of the roads. Waiting impatiently for the Kueh Chap to be served.
The place was small, but full of aroma that will naturally make your mouth watery by just being 100 metres radius around this area.
Here comes the famous Kueh Chap. RM4 for a small bowl, RM5 for a medium bowl and RM6 for a large bowl. Looks simple and normal but do not underestimate it!
Prior to the Kueh entering my mouth, its herbs' fragrance already opened up all my taste buds. As the Kueh touches my lips, my tongue was trembling. Eager to savour every last bit of this Kueh Chap. Unfortunately, the Kueh was so slippery and tender that it slipped through my tongue and enters the throat down through the esophagus into the stomach. My tongue was upset! But it makes my tongue crave for more. More! As the pork touches my tongue, somehow my throat reacts to it. The taste stimulated all the nerves in my mouth. Stomach began to growl as it was jealous of the mouth. Fortunately, when I drank the soup, it satisfied all. The mouth, throat and stomach, all working together to enjoy this gastronomic experience.

The location of this Kueh Chap can be found at Taman Riverview Timur, Bintawa, Kuching. Its house number is 1599 and its coordinate is 01° 34.363 N 110° 22.722 E. It opens from 6.30pm-10.30pm. Only 4 hours!


GO UP

4 comments:

SweeAng♥ said...

ever since i heard d tale of cicakman swimming in d soup and d kind-hearted taukey offers for a free new bowl... i never been there anymore...

アブン said...

really?!! oh no....

wuliao said...

kua chang.. =="""""""

Anonymous said...

Swee Ang...if wat u said is true...the pig will climb up on the tree...